Physical and emotional health are basic requirements to have a fulfilling life. However, the number of mental illnesses is growing. Depression and anxiety have increased worldwide by 18% and 15% respectively in the last 14 years.
 World Health Organization
In Oleadas de Luz we want to contribute to prevent these illnesses by providing social spaces where people can canalize their emotions and can work on a healthy mental stability through artistic expression and exercise.
- Art classes: Many studies suggest that art helps overcome traumatic situations and experiences, and contribute to our mental stability.
- Yoga: The word Yoga means UNION, of the mind, body, and spirit. Yoga’s objective is our total liberation and health.
- Dance: Dance is art in movement, as well as a social and leisure activity.
- Promoting sports and exercise amongst all ages, which benefits psychological development and fitness.
- Sexual Education for Girls and Women: When a girl or teenager knows how her biorhythm works, and how she can take full advantage of it, her whole reality changes. Girls who recognize their body from a young age have less risk of having an early pregnancy or being sexually abused.